Our strategy is to recreate policyholder value.
Maximising the return on policyholder assets subject to meeting solvency requirements
- It is a driving intention of the Board to distribute all of the Society’s assets including its solvency capital to with-profits policyholders as fairly as possible over time.
- Through BlackRock, our investment managers, we will get the best investment returns we can and by matching our cashflow requirements, we can reduce risk and the need for capital.
- Our aim is that with-profits policyholders leaving the Society receive their fair share of capital, provided there is enough left for those who remain.
Providing the best value for money costbase
- We will ensure we have the appropriate cost profile for a business in run off.
- Operational Excellence measures are in place and all staff have been trained in how to provide value for money service to policyholders.